View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question first question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Welcome to Cruisemates, Futurecruiser.

Do you have any ideas where you want to cruise to? While you wait until your mom is ready, you can always search the cruise line's websites and get an idea of what kind of cruise you want to do.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions, silly or not.
The one I want to book now is Los Angeles to Vancouver on the Sapphire Princess. It's called Wine Country Coastal. I picked it because three ports are places I want to return to - Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and Seattle - and Mom wants to go back to L.A. as she has been there before. She also has expressed interest in an Alaska cruise, which surely would include Victoria and Vancouver. So it looks like a no-brainer to me. I can't take that one until May 11, 2013 because my sister, who will also go with me, has one more year of college. When I asked her where she would like to go, she told me, "I just want to go on a cruise." That was like music to my ears.

Anyway, my first question is about when to book it. Considering I still have a lot of time to do that, but have a specific cabin in mind (E711), should I worry about booking now? Or is there a good chance that despite waiting until December, I can still pick the cabin I want? I care about the cabin number because of reports a rocking motion can be felt if I am too far aft. I have a balance problem and my mom is almost 65 so we can't stay in or near E731.

Looking forward to cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews