View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2002, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: drinks & other extras on millie?

Hi, BocaMom ...

All I can say is that my other two twins, as well as other friends, certainly self-supplied, as did we , last week and the week before with no problem aboard Summit 11-day.

Corkage was charged (want to see my sail and spend bill?) for wines brought to table. So your information isn't quite correct. At least not from my very recent experience. Maybe the crew didn't get the directive?

The important language is that Celebrity "reserves the right." After a dozen or so cruises under the "X", I have NEVER seen that exercised and I have certainly tempted them. Just as part of the journalistic research thing, you know? We almost always purchase from the DFS before and international flight and have never once been stopped.

On Cozumel, last November, I watched people getting on a Carnival ship with off-shore duty-free hooch. Not ONE was stopped. I have pictures and observed for about a half an hour.

Same thing with our Celebrity ship.

I quote directly from the Celebrity Daily .. 'May 16th, 2002.

"Duty-free liquor purchased ashore will be collected at the gangway and stored in a safe place until the last night of the cruise.' Liquor purchased from the Safeway in Hilo certainly isn't duty-free. It's plain old American.

"It is against the regulations for duty-free liquor purchased during the cruise to be conumed on board."

What they SAY and what they DO seem to be two very different things.

The bottom line for passengers is that your sweet juice MIGHT get confiscated, but it will be returned to you at the end of the cruise. No harm, no foul.