View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeydokee View Post
Yes this is my 2nd cruise and the first was also thru expedia and it was great. This time we want to take our 2 kids with and now the adoption date was appealed and it was move until after the cruise. So there is no chance of getting the parents of the kids to allow us to take them, much less get them their passports. We did buy the Berkley insurance, but this is not one of their acceptable cancelation reasons. I have talked to Expedia 3 times Carnival 2 times and Berkley Insurance 1 time. Nobody wants to accept our situation, and regardless of us buying the insurance we will lose our deposit. Regardless of how many times you use a service shouldn't you expect better service than a straight NO. So Phil and Liz maybe if I have cruised 20 times you think they would think differently? I doubt it.
Why can't you cancel the cruise, do an imaginary one so the deposit won't be lost? If you still have a few days to cancel, why don't you NOW? You might lose a few dollars but it's better than losing it all! Didn't anyone inform you of this?