View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskins123 View Post
Oh I was not aware of that, so someone else could go with me for just taxes now? Does it still work that way if I got an interline rate? I am very interested if this is the case.

edit: I did the 4 night Bahamas from JAX on Sept 22nd with Carnival. Got it for $398 with taxes and a promise that if the price drops again before the cruise they will move me to "main deck" whatever that means for free.
The reason for taxes only is you've already paid for passenger 2, right? (even though there is none). I booked at senior rate, my friend isn't, it required only 1 to keep the rate. I've seen others look for roomshare and state they can get interline rates.
As for moving you from your lower deck to a higher priced deck. If rates drop, you can move to a normally higher price room for what you paid for a lower deck room. The room you got is likely an inside on a low deck, which is fine, I've had them going solo. It provided "my space" at a low rate, and I got to go to the same places the high priced cabins went.