View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cozumel nightmare

Just returned today. All please be aware. We docked and looked to rent mopeds. We thought it would be a great way to see the island. We rented 2 mopeds as there were three of us. We witnessed an arguement on a damaged moped by a couple on the same ship but didn't think anything about it. We filled out the paperwork and off we went. Where the Valor docked the water was crystal clear. Going to Paradise beach the water was brown and dirty. No one went in. We used the pool and it was nice. We stayed about 1 1/2 hours and decided to take a drive up to see the lighthouse. Well 20 minutes into the ride the one moped broke down. The other moped we used to send two of the group back to get help. Well I was stuck on the side of the road for an hour and 45 minutes awaiting help from the moped company. I was on the side of the road and the police came to make sure I was okay. Then the rental agent showed up with a moped to get me back to the rental office. I parked the moped and spoke to an employee and I requested a refund for the one moped since we paid 55.00 and used the moped for less than 30 minutes. He refused. eedless to say it got rwell a crowd was gathering andeally heated between me and the agent. I requested the police to be called. A crowd of about 35 people gathered around since they had heard me rip this guy after his arogance and business ethics. The end story is that the police made him give me 25.00 dollars back. I asked the "office" if he thought that was fair? He replied thats the best he could do. Please all anyone going please do not rent from "Rentadora Sian Ka'an"If you agree please boycot this vendor. After spending the day there I have to say I wouldn't go back to Cozumel ever again after seeing the way I know now how they cheated the couple with the minor moped damage and the way they were alloed to cheat us. Other people on the4 boat sumed it up well. They the Mexicans are there to cheat Americans any way they can. God Bless thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links