View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Felix, I was not agreeing or disagreeing. I was just pointing out People really should buy insurance and also that Blueliner is correct that we WILL tell those who complain that they should have gotten insurance.

Even Dorman (CC name)who had the heart attack on the Miracle-IF he had complained that Carnival did not reimburse him for his lost cruise, I and others would have told him he should have bought insurance. As I said, it was simply a plus,that Carnival went beyond what they needed to do in giving him that off season cruise.

As I said also, I do believe, (since this was posted on CC) that Carnival KNEW they would get "good press" and actually this was inexpensive advertizing for them. All they had to do was give this man a cruise off season and in an inside cabin, and many would read this and think well of Carnival.
I should never post when I'm tired. I understand what you mean now. And I agree - no insurance - cruiser's loss. But once in awhile there are special circumstances under which the client has met their obligations and the supplier has not. This is, in my opinion, what has happened with this event.

I also agree that Carnival did not do this completely out of the goodness of their hearts but what they did got them more good will than they could have bought.

By the same token, RCL has taken a drubbing and it will only add to all the previous things they have done wrong over the last couple of years. Eventually this will pay down for RCL.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.