View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thumbs down Golden Princess First Impression HORRIBLE!!

Golden Princess-8/6/11-Seattle-Alaska. First time on Princess Line.Embarked early to register for Chef's Table & advised to check w/ our 7th floor front desk personal. I'll refer to him as "Mr. Portugal" (name tag). We inquired how/where to sign up. He was RUDE from the start & had NO command of the English language. Irrationally went in circles & no Chef Table existed and continued to berate us as we calmly tried to explain what we were looking for. He YELLED and said, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!" This totally scared my 12 year old daughter. I asked "Ms. Canada",who was beside him, if she could help us out. Can you believe she just stood there and said nothing. We went to our Suite, looked at the daily events guide. Second page, shows "Chefs Table $75" My husband called the listed reservation number. The lady on the line told us it's $95. When asked by my husband why the increase, she said, "I DON'T KNOW, I WAS JUST TOLD IT JUST INCREASED!" OMG...our first 15 minutes on THE GOLDEN PRINCESS was absolutely HORRIBLE! First impression say a lot for the level of service a company provides. My husband & I were appalled by such unacceptable behavior and my daughter's excitement & joy was crushed. We reported the
incident to proper authorities 3 times-to date,no response has ever been received. This raises concern with us as to the value of passenger service of PRINCESS CRUISE LINES. It leads us to ascertain, production numbers of this cruise line mean more than service. It was obvious on several occassions.
I truly hope no one ever has to remember something like this on any PRINCESS LINE CRUISE. If sadly you do, please report ASAP! Add'l training in professionalism should be incorporated so another child doesn't have to hear a FRONT DESK " ADULT " YELL!!
Sponsored Links