Thread: Dining in Blu
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibvo View Post
We're booked in the new Aqua Class cabins being installed on deck 11 of the Summit this upcoming Februrary. We've only sailed on the Millenium class ships always in Concierge class. The main reason for going to Aqua Class this time is the location of the cabins and dining in the Blu Restaurant. For those of you who dined in Blu on the Solstace class ships can you share your experience? Is Blu open or assigned seating? Does Blu have the formal nights like the main dining room or is it "business casual" for the whole cruise? I'm assuming the food is excellent.
Blu is totally anytime dining. Upon booking you should pick a traditional dining time which is only a procedural thing. You will receive a letter in your stateroom stating they request you to go the first night at the assigned time. You do not have to, it is only a request. After that you may go at anytime you wish.

The issue of dress has some controversy, on Celebrity's web site they state in a couple of dozen locations that Blu is a Specialty restaurant. Also, on the web site all Specialty restaruants are "smart casual" every night regardless of the formal designation in the MDR. This has caused problems because people are packing and not bringing formal clothes based upon the web site. On both my AQ cruises Blu was "smart casual". With all that being said, many are coming back and saying the dress code is the same as the MDR, formal on formal nights. Just another problem that Celebrity needs to addrss with conflicting statements.

Blu has excellent food, first night on most ships has been a very nice filet mignon. I enjoyed the lobster very much. They also will have three every night items, a steak, chicken dinner and a fish dish. Blu generally is a more intimate location than the MDR, they have very few large tables as most are two or four tops.

Finally, if the food in Blu is not to your liking you may go eat in the MDR.