View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I've been up since 5:30 a.m.. I was awakened by an alarm chime from Betty's laptop. The firewall had detected an outgoing connection attempt to a blacklisted site. She had taken a friends recommendation and downloaded a game. The game had a key logger embedded in it and it was trying to connect to the "mother site" and dump its information.

It took me an hour to clean that up and after that there was no way to go back to sleep.

Yesterday was a productive day and I was proud of my new plumber. Her name is Betty. A few months ago I installed new toilets in the house but one of them never worked right. Finally, after a lot of emailing, Kohler sent us a whole new toilet. Betty got it in her head that yesterday "she" was going to install it. I can't lift more than ten pounds so I was a bit miffed that she started this task. Well: working together and I'll admit I did bit more than I should have but Betty did all the heavy lifting and we swapped the toilets and cleaned everything up in about an 1.5 hours.

There really isn't too much on the agenda for today. We may do some garage clean up but I would prefer to be back in shape before we really tackle that job since there is a lot of stuff we want to get rid of. Then again, I've seen some people's garages and compared to them we don't have too much to get rid of. I cannot understand how people can have a garage stuffed full and their cars sit in the driveway.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a wonderful upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me