View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
First Mate

We also just got back from the Sept 10th sailing but didn't notice any smell at all. But I have to agree with "Naturist", we thought the shows had a lot to be desired. They're not as good as they use to be and seem to geared to the younger crowd with a lot of break dancing. This was our 10th Carnival cruise and out of all of them, I would have to rate the shows on this ship as the worse of all. We love going to the shows after the main dinner and actually look forward to seeing them, but it was a struggle to sit through these.

The comedians on this particular cruise I would say were the best we've seen in a very long time. We would go see them again in a heartbeat.

The CD and the staff was excellent as usual. We never complain about the service we receive on the ship in any department. They all work very hard to please the people and do a very fine job. Think about it, who could go seven days a week, doing the same thing every day, over and over again and smile about it. It's like groundhog day each and every day! It takes someone special to be able to do this, deal with all sorts of people and their personalities plus how many brats they must put up with. I can say that I sure couldn't do it. They deserve a lot of credit and I'll never say anything bad about any of them.

As far as the interior of the ship, like I've stated in other post, was very disappointing. No frills or thrills at all, in fact I thought it was very boring. We love Carnival ships but I think they did a very poor job designing this one. I will always sail on Carnival and plan on booking another one soon, but if I had a choice between the Dream or another ship, I would take the other. I have no interest going on the Dream again.

I have no problem booking Carnival and feel that you get your money's worth. To me it's the best vacation you can take.

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012