View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

We just got aboard Seabourn Sojourn. We are in Quebec which I always wanted to see. We got aboard the ship (checked in) and they invited us to wait in the lounge until the rooms were ready.

This is one aspect of cruising I am starting to think is silly. First of all, I don't want to check into a ship just to sit and wait for my stateroom to be ready. We had never seen Quebec, so we asked the person aiding us if he could put our bags (carry-ons) someplace while we went to see the city. He complied, which was very nice. We got off and saw a lot of beautiful Quebec.

When we got back we went to our stateroom. It is nice but not perfect. The table where I am sitting to type this only has one US and 1 European plug. They are so close to one another I can't use both at the same time.

I don't understand why they don't give more US plugs on cruise ships. especially now that everyone is so digital.

The room is pretty, but the TV is tiny. I made my wife take the "wrong" side of the bed just so I could see it. It is a 21-inch for an entire 300-sq ft suite. Anyway - just one of the very first things you notice, but on Silversea the same size suite has two 32-inch TVs.

You can't get in the front door if the bathroom door is open. The space between the bed and wall is very tight as well. Oh well, just first impressions - more later.

Last edited by Jason Leppert; October 13th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.