View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Hi Ray, that's a very big question to answer given so little in detail...

Are you talking November this year, or next, as Cunard's own list price for 16-Nov this year fora balcony suite is only 1750, and they have no higher grades available, so am not sure why you were given a price of 2450, or does that include flights to/from the UK?

Also take note, P&O do not own a ship under the name Oceania, it is Oceana. There is a high quality line with the name Oceania, (Oceania Cruises - Luxury Cruise Line - Affordable Luxury Cruises To Asia, Africa, Alaska, & More - Premier Transatlantic Cruises | Oceania Cruises) so please check that are going to get what you expect.

The Oceana will offer a service not that much below QE, and for a lot less on board spend (less expensive tours, speciality dining, tips, drinks etc). The age group on the Oceana will be lower than QE, which may or may not be a good thing for you.

Having said all that, I would keep the 1000 in my pocket for spending on tours and activities to make the voyage more memorable.

But whichever you choose, you will have a fantastic time.

Alan & Katrina
Hi I appreciate the comments.
I did mean P&O Oceana.
The costings are for me as a single traveller to pay for Sole Occupancy.

It doesn't really make sense to nearly double the share price as I will only be eating for one!!
My thoughts were to go with the cheaper and your comments have helped me. Thanks
Raygil
Currently travelling Middle East.