View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotels in San Francisco & pre/post cruise excursions

I just booked the 10 day Mexican Riviera/California Coastal cruise on September 26, 2012 (seems so far away) out of San Francisco.

We'll be flying from the east coast so between the flight and the 3hr. time change I'm thinking we might want to stay over the night before. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions? Either near the airport or near the pier. I don't plan on doing much this night as we'll just eat dinner and relax.

Post cruise I was also thinking of staying in SF as we have never been and I would love to see some sites (Alcatraz, Golden Gate, etc...). Princess has a post cruise excursion that takes us to the Golden gate and to Alcatraz. Its basically an all day excursion though. Would you recommend doing the Princess excursion or is this something we could either find some local tour (or just take public transportation and do it ourselves). Also, since we plan on sightseeing, any hotel suggestions for our post cruise would be helpful. I plan on at least 1 day post cruise, maybe 2 if funds allow and there is enough to do.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links