View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I worked for a company that insured 7000 people .Ninety percent of them were native to Italy and traveled there many times during the year . Therefore it was mandatory to have a carrier that covered people for illness and or accidents all over the world . This carrier is one of the largest in the USA .
Henry... that's all well and good. And I'm sure there's many mulit-national companies that would require the same type of insurance... which I'm also sure wasn't cheap.

However, those cases are the exception, rather than the rule. And it would be a mistake for people to have read your post in response to the topic, and with your stated experience in the insurance industry, believed it necessarily applied to them.

Your case was NOT the norm, and if anyone without that coverage, passed on purchasing travel insurance, the results could have been devastating to them. That's why I posted to the thread.

It's a mistake to believe our personal experiences all naturally apply to everyone; especially when you claimed expertise on the topic. I hate to sound like I'm lecturing you, but misinformation is one of the most dangerous things available on the Internet.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/