View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to flbigbear
Post MWM 60 New To Cruising Seeking Female Guidance

Hello, my name is Rob and I'm new to the cruising world. I won't officially be 60 until November 24th. Although I am married I would be doing a cruise on my own, I'll explain that if asked. Since I've not done any cruising before and live in the Orlando, FL area I am thinking a short one out of the Port Canaveral area might be wise. I have read several posts of people seeking a cruise mate and I can tell that I would be much better off cruising with a woman for a travel companion. Also, seeing the difference in the cost of going solo versus sharing a room it just seems more practical to share.
I have my passport, have never used it though. I'm leaving on a trip to the Pacific Northwest on November 22nd and am thinking it would be really nice if a short cruise could be done before then. A little bit of info about me: I stand 6'5" tall, am the quintessential overgrown teddy bear, use a sleep machine so I do not snore. While I am not a party animal by nature I tend to take on the characteristics of those around me. So a woman who enjoys social activities helps me stay out of my shell. I am a non-smoker and would need the same.
So if you would like to get away on a short cruise and show me the ropes I would appreciate hearing from you.
Sponsored Links