View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
"'Since we're missing one day of crusing, one port day, a million tons of food and entertainment, this just doesn't seem adequate.
a million tons of food and entertainment, this just doesn't seem adequate."

Don't you think you are exagerating a bit Mary? How can you miss a "million tons of food and entertainment in one day?

These things happen and you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Keep calm, enjoy your cruise and don't worry about missing a port. We've missed ports many times - hasn't bothered us one bit. Oh, sure there's always someone *****ing about it, but the majority of the passengers just shrug their shoulders and have a good time.
I suppose if a person (like many here) takes several cruises this is just routine disappointment that goes along with cruising. For some (like us) this is our first. Losing a port day significantly changes the dynamic of your cruise and we are not getting a refund, we are getting more money to spend in less time onboard. This doesn't fix the enjoyment missed in port.

I for one feel very bad for the ill passengers and know that HAL did what they had to do. Is it their fault? No. Should we have to shoulder the burden as unintentional victims of a shortened vacation? Again, no. We saved as much money as everyone else and should be getting the vacation we paid for. We won't. I don't know what the answer is here but for us this will likely be our last cruise if as you say this is routine. Some of us can't shrug it off and take another cruise in six months to make up for it. We won't be able to take advantage of the 25% off the next cruise to be used within 12 months.

Let people be sad that they don't get the fun in the sun they expected. We deserved our fun in the sun, we didn't get it, we will be disappointed. We are allowed to be disappointed, there is no shame in it.