View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Admiral

I owe Moiraine a brief description of the food we ate while we were away. I don't remember bite for bite but here is what I remember.

While in Brooklyn we had a nacho pizza, ate at a couple of diners and then had very excellent steak at a place called Destephano's. We have eaten at Peter Lugar's which has been rated as one of the top ten steak places in the country. I thought this was better.

At sea I know I had a lamb shank, and bountiful turkey dinner and lots of sea food. We only got ice cream a couple of times, the pizza on board was so-so but the burgers were really good. We had breakfast on our balcony on both port days. A very nice way to start the day. We had a "concierge" cabin that had an expanded room service menu for breakfast.

More sea food in Vieques, including a bar that used mahi mahi for their fish and chips. The restaurant at our hotel did this french toast to die for. They made it using a local bread and topped it with a guava paste. The DW had that the first morning while I had pancakes with fresh blueberries. The second day we both ordered the french toast.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014