View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffycat View Post
I have just been on the phone to TA who finally heard from RC. Our friends coupons have now been accepted again as in the first place, but mine and my husbands will not be accepted as stated before "we should not have received them in the first place". My TA now has the president email of RC and hoping to hear back from someone in his office regarding this. Back in April when we chose the option to cancel the coupons were part of the total reimbursement. So we got credit back to our charge card, a cheque from the travel insurance company and 2 coupons for the grand total of the whole flight, hotel, cruise minus what we paid for travel insurance. I have been on the phone to anyone I can think of to try and get this resloved and my last call will be a good travel lawyer. Does anyone no of a good one in the Toronto Ontario area.
What did the cheque from the insurance company cover? It could well be that RCL is saying you have been reimbursed for everything therefore they don't owe you anything. I don't agree with that - if they cancelled the cruise and gave you options, they should have stayed with them.

Why did they accept your friend's coupons and not yours?

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.