View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
First of all, we don't have such a thing as Black Friday in Canada. Probably Boxing Day sales come closest, but I discovered there's not even Boxing Day her in Nova Scotia!
Either way, you couldn't PAY me to shop on either one of those days. I'm not that desperate for a bargain, and I HATE crowds!

donna
My hubby is exactly like you. He hates crowds and doesn't understand why I enjoy Black Friday shopping. It's because I hate normal shopping. Wandering aimlessly around the store looking for the perfect this or that. Black Friday shopping isn't normal shopping; it's a hunt. I get to do my research ahead of time. Determine each gift and which stores I'm going to. I also like standing in line the 1 or 2 before the stores open chatting with the other people in line. Once the first store is opens the game is afoot. I once got through Khols in 10 minutes and had 5 people christmas shopped for. I was the first person in the check out line. I finish all my Christmas shopping by 7:30AM that day.

This year because everyone is opening at midnight or earlier I can't do it. See my planning time is during thanksgiving dinner. My family goes through the ads circles what they like. After Thanksgiving dinner I do my list. With stores opening at Midnight; I would have to get there by 10PM. I don't have the time. So annoying they did this this year. What's wrong with opening at 4, 5, or 6AM like is normally.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994