Power strips can be useful "IF" you have a variety of items that need charging or using at the same time. Personally I have never found the need for them, but some bring so many electronic devices it is necessary with the limited # of outlets provided in staterooms.
* Don't forget proof of citizenship, i.e. valid passport or birth certificate and photo ID's.
* Don't forget to bring extra cash in small bills for additional gratuities you may or may not provide to staff, taxi drivers, porters, tour guides, etc.
* Don't forget 1-2 c.cards as back up for shopping and onboard expenses charged to your account.
* An over the door shoe holder works well for cosmetics and personal hygiene items and to free up limited storage and counter space in bathrooms or stateroom.
* Don't overpack..... most 1st timers pack 50% more clothing then they will actually use.
Enjoy all the ship has to offer and get out there and explore the exotic ports of call you will be visiting and don't forget to RELAX..... you are on vacation !