View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
You wore jeans in the dining room on a formal night but just went in there for dessert...have I got this right?
On formal nights I wear my dress pants for dinner & either a long sleeve dress shirt or Polo without the jacket since I like being comfortable on vacation. After dinner I change as fast as possible to my jeans & T shirt. When we went back to the AT restaurant for dessert at 9PM there were still some people eating dinner but jeans & T shirt were fine at that time of night, even if we wanted a full meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterboy View Post
Jeans are fine on colder climate cruises, do not think you will want them in the warmer islands. I have seen people turned away many times at the dining rooms with jeans on, so would not suggest wearing them there. You can of course wear them in the buffet dining area. Would think you would want to wear dress casual in the dining rooms except on formal nights. We usually skip formal nights and eat in the buffet dining room as it has the same food.
The only time jeans might be turned away from the dining room on Princess might be early on a formal evening but other than that people wear them all the time.
btw- The food is ALWAYS better in the dining room than the buffet and all the food selections are not the same as the DR. Sometimes they will have some of the same items but don't count on it.