View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
So Princess has banned smoking in and on the verandas. As a non smoker I can see the cabins but I think itís unfair that you canít some on you balcony. Just like New York you will be ticketed if you smoke in the park and I know they want to implement it in Time Square as well. If this continues they need to just make it illegal to smoke and stop making million on the taxes of the sale of cigarettes. Like I said Iím not a smoker and donít like being around it but itís not illegal to smoke. Maybe the ship's shouldn't sell them either.
As a side note I smell something else more often than I smell cigarettes
I agree that if a cruise line prohibits smoking in cabins/balconies they should not be selling cigarettes. Banning smoking but making money by selling cigarettes is wrong. I also agree that instead of continually increasing taxes on smokers and keeping it legal is wrong. If smoking is so bad (and it is) outlaw it outright instead of keeping it legal and making money on it.

I quit smoking shortly after my first cruise years ago and smoke doesn't bother me. But I got a taste of what it must be like for people who don't like/can't tolerate smoke on my last cruise. On each side of my cabin the two next cabins in each direction had smokers (my next door neighbors were cigar smokers) and the cabin above mine had smokers. When in port where there wasn't much wind the area was heavy with smoke at times. It didn't keep me from using my balcony but I could see where people who don't like/can't tolerate smoke would have been miserable.