View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
Agreed, they pass on the fine...but what's been happening is that because the cruise lines have allowed bookings and then not realized until much later that they're in violation of the PVSA, they've been coughing up on board credit to the people that they've made cancel their cruise because the line never should have allowed the booking in the first place. They've been paying both OBC and air change fees...that's what I'm questioning..if they ever said..sure cruise at your own risk and you pay the fine, they'd be no way they'd cough up OBC and air fees for their mistake, they'd just take the booking and deal with the $300 fine if it came up.

OIC....yes I bet your right. If someone books it and the line doesn't notice and gets fined. The pax could say they should have been told about it..they probably do just issue a credit equal to fine. I can see that.

That's basically what they (CCL) were doing in the call to my friends...telling them that THEY would be responsible for the $300 fine if it was issued. Sure.

I think they (cruiselines) try to 'scare' them into cancelling first and if that doesn't happen issue the warning of the potential $300 fine. They would prefer not to deal with it so that is their approach.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.