View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Todd, Thanks for the laugh. Having had the pleasure of meeting you I could picture this all too well. The image made me really laugh out loud.
I used to get mittens knitted by my great aunt. Every year the mittens came, lovingly knitted by an aunt that loved us as her own children. As a child I always knew there would be the mittens and looked forward to see what color or colors she chose for us. Precious memories of the happy Christmas' of my childhood. I remember wearing these mittens out to play in the snow. When we came in we would put them on the kitchen radiator to dry. The smell of warm wet wool still lingers in my mind today.
As a young lady newly engaged to my future husband I got a gift from his grandparents. His step Grandmother always made a huge assortment of candies and everyone got a package of them. I was touched and happy that she gave them to me. It was her "seal of approval" for her grandsons future wife.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain