Thread: Miracle cruise
View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thumbs up Miracle cruise

Got back from a great cruise on Miracle Dec. 6th. Have never been to Aruba, Grand Turk, Curacao, Or La Romona. I loved the first three. Hated, hated, hated La Romana, Dominican Republic. We went on the cave excursion and that was good. Then they dropped us off downtown in a flea market in a park for thirty minutes of FUN shopping. Everyone was back waiting on the bus within two minutes. Terrible in your face merchants. I cannot believe Carnival allows this stop. Grand Turk Cruise center was fantastic. The ship docks 200 yards from the beach and the beach and water are beautiful. Then 50 yards farther inshore is a beautiful pool with great poolside waiters. AND of course there is a two story Margaritaville right there. If you like conch chowder the Grand Turk Margaritaville's is exclusive to them and has large pieces of conch, squash, and a touch of curry. GREAT.
Did the pirate ship in Aruba and the snorkeling over the shipwreck was beautiful. Curacao is beautiful with all the brightly colored buildings.
The Miracle is a nice ship although the buffet is somewhat confusing. The two best entertainment features as far as we were comcerned was Stan in the Atrium bar for sing-a-long and the four piece showband, "MUSIC UNLIMITED BAND" in Frankie & Johnnie's. Incredible music.
Did I mention Sam and Angelo at the Atrium Bar? Well worth a ten or twenty dollar tip on the side. ( I know that's a dirty word for some of you but it's worth it.)
The Miracle will be going into dry dock Jan. 17th and moving to New York in April but will be going out of Port Everglades during Feb. Oh yeah... skip Peter in the Piano Bar, not worth it.
Sponsored Links