View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Trip

When you walk into a store, you can view the hours of operation on the door, you can see the return policy posted by the cash register, so right off the bat, you know how long you can shop,and what will happen if you need a refund on that ugly whatever you bought..

On a cruise, no one has a sign at Guest Services that states: We may not be able to dock in Grand Cayman, oops!....When we get to Florence, you have a 2 hour bus ride,as Florence is not a seaport. Tough noogies.

The difference is in my mind, these are not dirty little secrets..both situations, tell you up front, what to expect..the store has signs,and the cruise lline offers a brochure, and a ta will explain how things will work, given certain circumstances.

What I do think was a diry secret, on one cruise, was on an Easter Monday holiday in the Caribbean, while people waited to get off the ship, in Guadaloupe, it was announced that due to this family holiday, most of the island would be closed,and the amount of cabs available would be minimal. When asked why this was being told to passengers as they were getting ready to get off, they said they had not known this. I asked, well, what did you do last year? Many of tyhre passengers were ready to mutiny....they knew

For the most part, you need to be pro active consumer, and do your research...if you do, the surprises will be at a minimum.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator