View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Not sure what you mean, but I think you mean, is there any difference between the Port (left) side and the starboard (right) side? the answer is not really, but as someone else has suggested, look at a map of your cruise. If you will be approaching most of your ports from the north then the scenery on the approach is more likely to be on the port side. And visa versa, also as someone suggested sunsets are important so if that is important to you you may want to be on the starboard side if you are headed south.

I don't like sitting in the sun in the tropics so I always try to choose the shady side of the ship if we have a balcony. You can do tat by checking your itinerary map prior to booking the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
Hello cruisemates!! I am taking a southern caribbean cruise in a few months and wanted to know if there is any difference in the view of oceanview vs. starboard? In the previous thread right before this, there is a picture of two cruise ships side by side. Any room on either side gets no view except for the ship next to it. I guess this can happen on either side of a ship on any cruise. So, is the view you get on either side of a cruise ship a crap shoot? Thanks!

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10