View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from a snowy Minnesota. Yes; I said snowy. We are actually getting a real snow. It should only be about 2"-3" by the time it finishes late this morning but more than enough to make Betty get out there and blow the driveway. I love to watch a woman work. I blew the 1/2" of snow last weekend but if I repeat that performance you won't hear from me for a couple of weeks due to the injuries I sustain after blowing the snow. shhhh..... she beats me when I'm bad.

This afternoon we are heading downtown for a weekend getaway. We'll stay two nights at our favorite hotel and have dinner and see a play at the Guthrie. We still don't know where we'll have dinner but I wouldn't mind eating at a Thai restaurant or we can hit the trough and pork out at Fogo de Chao. No matter what it will be a nice weekend.

I went to the ortho yesterday and I am healing EXTREMELY well. I will start strengthening exercises next week. Last week I reset my brace to a full 90 degree bend. I fessed up to the doctor and told him I had done that and he had no problem with it. He said do whatever you can tolerate just don't walk around without the brace for now.

Todd: I remember when Stouffer's was actually fairly tasty. I tried their lasagna a year or so ago and it was terrible. I never experienced Marie Callendar's (sp?) until a few years ago and I thought the pie was hideous. Everyone I've spoke with said "They used to be delicious for frozen pies.". Oh well: Baking isn't too hard. Buy some Pillsbury pie crusts and make your own pie. Throw some apples, cinnamon and sugar in, bake and voilą you have pie.

BTW: It is official. I have celiac disease. The blood test came back positive. They are still going to do the endoscopy and check out the stomach but it looks like I'll continue to be gluten free. It sure is strange that after almost 54 years I develop this. Oh well: I'm managing just fine so far and I found a great gluten free flour. It's called C4C or Cup For Cup. I've used it in sauces, gravies and cake and it is a dang good substitute. I actually prefer it in sauces because you don't have to cook the rue so long and it has no pasty flavor. In the cake I have to admit that it was a bit more dense but still pretty good. Next week I'll try bread.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know I will

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me