View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. My best to you and her family.

I just got back from the doctor. It isn't great news. All indications "point" to a torn lateral/collateral ligament. The treatment is immobilization, rest and drugs. I'll probably be a narcotics addict by the time it's healed. I've never liked taking narcotics/pain killers but this time I am taking them every six hours.

If there is improvement in two weeks then we'll just start strengthening exercises. If no improvement then it's surgery time. It would be much better if I could have an MRI but with the pacemaker and the metal in my knee that I have it is not an option. Plus all the strength I regained in the knee will be lost so, once I have the cast off we'll have to work on both the knee and the ligaments. Oy vey.

We'll have to see if I'll be able to go on the cruise on March 3rd. It's still up in the air but with this set back I'll probably still be wearing a brace and I definitely won't be doing the rain forest tour in Puerto Rico. Oh well, I do have a nice big balcony so that will be nice. As long as I can handle the plane ride to get there.

I just keep telling myself: "It could be a lot worse."

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me