View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Theres no dout in my mind they know where there ships are at any given moment! Heck you can go to Princess web site and down load a bridge cam that will show you where their ships are at any given time.
In which all they'd have to do, is keep track of such information, cross-reference it with approved course information, and have the captain account for any deviations.

Quote:
I dont understand Why all of a sudden everyone thinks someone needs to make cruising safer!
Sixteen people are dead. They might not be dead if safety on the Costa Concordia wasn't such a fiasco.

Quote:
It seems pretty safe to me. You can put all the saftey measures you can think of in place but there will always be the risk of stepping on a ship and heading out to sea.
So why not do that?

[ italics to addres the part I'm questioning ]

Quote:
Do people really think that someone can make cruising 100% safe I dont think so. If you think thats going to happen then I feel you dont really understand the risk your taking in the first place.
No. Mistakes will be made, but when mistakes cost lives, I think it's prudent to take reasonable steps to prevent such mistakes from happening again. Running the ship aground was only one mistake made on the Concordia.

Lack of proper safety drills ( or ANY safety drill for anyone who boarded in Civitaveccia ) was one of their earlier mistakes.