Thank you all.
I have decided to ask the surgeon to have another go at opening the blockage. He told me he might be talked into trying it again. It is dad's best chance. Dad has always wanted to live as long as he could. I had pretty much made up my mind when I talked to my brother. He told me that I had made the right decision. Dad had told the people in the dementia unit my mom had put him in before I got him that he wanted to live as long as possible. It has always been his motto. I just don't want him to suffer. I think if we can get some circulation going and get the toe off I can honor his wanting to live as long as possible with less suffering. If it does not work again...I won't try another time. It will be another bridge to cross.