View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Unhappy Carnival Lost/Found

Has anyone had any items (especially jewerly) lost, removed, misplaced, covered up, or otherwise missing from your stateroom? If so, did Carnival handle the situation proactively and what was the outcome?

I took my engagement ring, anniversary band, and my husband's watch out of the safe the last night of the cruise. They were in a small clear bag. I packed all my other belongings except what I was wearing the next morning, my toothbrush and that bag of jewerly. The next morning I packed away the toothbruch, my pajamas, and I do not recall the bag of jewelry. I last remember having it in the bathroom and on the table where I was packing. We were with a group and in such a hurry to get off, I didn't do my double then triple room check before leaving. I called Carnival Guest Care (within 3 hours of debarking) and immediantly reported. They tried contacting the ship and emailed them for housekeeping to re-check. I was advised that containers holding lost/found items are returned to corporate in Miami, then gone through with reports and such to locate the owner. I was told it may take WEEKS! I am worried sick and mostly because of the sentimental value attached to those rings. (I got the anniversary band 4 months ago for our 1st year wedding anniversary.)

I would like to know from past guests who have had issues with items left on the boat and how Carnival handled it as well as the success rate of those items being returned. Thanks in advance for any help or info.
Sponsored Links