View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
I wasn't even thinking they were comparable. I think the survivors, and those killed in the Concordia incident, deserve fair compensation.

What I do believe is NO ONE who survived the incident is going to get a million bucks because they hired a lawyer (particularly the ones who are trying to form a "class action".

Costa is goingt to want to get things settled. I wonder if anyone onboard has called Costa to discuss negotiating a settlement themselves.

I think it's early to do that, until more details on facts are found, but that may be the way for these people affected to approach this, instead of running with the heard.

I don't disagree with what you're saying about those who were not physically hurt not receiving a million bucks but I do think they deserve more than is being offered.

Personally, I would sit back and see what is happening to others before committing to anything. I suppose there are some who took or are going to take the fourteen grand, but I would say the majority are not.

Besides, from a strictly business point of view, the first offer is always the lowball and you can be sure there will be a second and a third. The issue here, is it is so public and there are so many watching. That's why starting from such a lowball figure is creating an even bigger stir.

Some of those lawyers who see $$$$$$$$$ signs are going to keep this out in the public eye as long as they possibly can. They are seeing shade of the Smith case where the scuttlebut is, the widow did get a million.

Only time is going to tell and the only ones who truly know if they have been made a fair offer are those who were on the Concordia.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.