View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Be that as it may Trip, it is what is happening. Those that cruise a lot know it but those who have been considering a cruise for the first time don't and now won't.

I don't know who is going to be the hand police. Of course that really isn't possible. Same as the paper you have to sign before you board that says you arn't sick. No one and I mean no one is going to say I'm sick or I don't feel so hot. Why would they. If they were willing to do that in the first place, they wouldn't be at the dock.

I believe the cruiselines have to have an offer in place such as moving your cruise if you are arriving at the port sick. There has to be something in it for the passengers besides non-boarding. The cruiselines don't have anything in place at the dock for anyone who isn't feeling well and shouldn't be boarding therefore will board and not risk the loss of their vacation money.

I don't think insurance would cover this either so...................cruiselines need to step up to the same plate they want their passengers to step to.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.