Thread: British Isles
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
We will be taking a 12 day cruise around the Br. Isles next May/June on board the Caribbean Princess. Did anyone take this cruise this summer? Can you tell me what the cost was for a transfer from the ship to the cities and if the 'hop on hop buses' were a fair price in Dublin. I got some excellent info in the past from a gentlemen that was on a smaller size Princess ship and didn't know if things were different with a larger ship. It appears that most ports we are quite a distance from the main cities. Any info you can give me will help in our planning. Thanks.
To answer your questions:
It's $50/pp each way for Princess' bus to take you from Heathrow or Victoria Station in London to the ship.

HOHO buses seem to be roughly 15-20 pounds per person. People said the green bus in Dublin was the best.
You can take trains into the city for way cheaper than the ships excursions. Cities that need trains are Paris (2-hour high speed train), Cork (15 minute train), Edinburgh (15 minute train) and Inverness (20 minute train).
Disney Magic ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ 4/28/07
RCCL Vision ~ Alaska ~ 5/19/06
Star Princess ~ Mexican Riviera ~ 1/13/03