View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
She will be going back in Europe for the summer season. I am holding group space both way transatlantics. She will return to Europe in April 2013.
Felix, we are not doing a transatlantic now. We decided since we had never done the Med before and my hubby's vacation time is limited, that we would do a Med cruise instead this June. With spending a week in Italy prior to the cruise-it would take 3 weeks of my hubby's vacation time-now he only uses 2 weeks for the Med, and price wise it is about the same cost, as we are only spending a couple of days in Spain besides the cruise. This way we go to all the ports in Italy we wanted, and we have 12 hours in each port, except Venice where we are overnight, so that gives us plenty of time for touring.

I would like to ask what you think of the Vision of the Seas, I am sure she is not as nice as radiance class, but hopefully still nice for an older ship?

After we get back from the Med, we will look at our cruising budget, and then decide if we book the Vision of the Seas for the southern Caribbean in early January or else just spend some time in Tampa and do a 4 day on the Constellation. I do not want to have to "budget" for the Med, we are taking several pricey tours, so it may just be the Connie in Janaury.

That now will be our 30th anniversary celebration, although the Med cruise is our 30th family gift to each other and to our daughter, as she is going also and we are helping her with her expenses.

Although the VOS 's scheduled ports would be much better, I do not mind the Connie and Tampa. Tampa was where we had our honeymoon, and the Connie was our 25th, so we have wonderful memories of both.

Whichever way we go we still hope to do the VOS southern cruise at some point-but maybe not till late 2013.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total