View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
This way we go to all the ports in Italy we wanted, and we have 12 hours in each port, except Venice where we are overnight, so that gives us plenty of time for touring.
Cruising the Med is great, and especially Italy. I love it! I hope you also will have at least one stop at the French Riviera. One thing to remember; you'll nead about a week after the cruise to rest before going back to work, as you will be exhausted during all the full day excursions (so much to see)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
I would like to ask what you think of the Vision of the Seas, I am sure she is not as nice as radiance class, but hopefully still nice for an older ship?
I sailed her this summer in the Baltic and I think she was in good shape. Of course she is a bit smaller and without many of the bells and whistles the Radiance class have, but it depends of what you would like to do onboard.
The atrium is very nice and brighter than the Radiance class atrium. It feels like it's more windows in this area on Vision.
Nice pool deck and a big solarium. The Schooner bar is very nice on Vision, with lot of windows.
If you like specialty restaurants you may be disappointed as there are none on Vision. On the other hand I think the food in the MDR is very good for being an RCI ship (i.e. not bad at all, but we can get better food on our regular ferries between Sweden and Finland - but it's pricy).

Here are a few photos from Vision.

Schooner bar.

70's disco in centrum.

Centrum.

Centrum, outside the library.

Pool deck.

Vision in Geiranger fjord in Norway.

Here is a link to some more photos from Vision from 2009.
Vision of the Seas 2009

/Erik