View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
On our last cruise people would walk through the solarium with children but did not stay. There was a snack bar also- and the windjammer served pizza and icecream. Hot dogs and burgers were at that cafe the radiance class has instead of Johnny Rockets. I saw no kids eating in the solarium-just adults. it was a nice quiet place and my favorite spot on the JOS.

I would think it would not be that hard for RCI to add pizza to the windjammer and set up a stand/buffet with hotdogs by the lido pool. Perhaps because, yours was a European cruise, and so less Americans, there was not much call for those foods-so they only served it there.
When I have cruised Vision it has also been very quiet in the solarium but that can have something to do with the fact that I have only cruised her up here north with very few kids onboard.

I guess a buffet at the lido pool would be very risky up here as it can be everything between 58F and 90F (even up to 95F but that is extremely rare) here during the summer. Well, maybe if the hot dogs are really hot...

Vision has only two restaurants (the main restaurant and Windjammer) and one coffee shop. Add the "buffet" at the solarium pool and that's it.
On the other hand I have found the food to be better onboard Vision than any other RCI ship I have been cruising.

I have to say I really liked Vision. It's nice onboard, but as have been said before not with all the bells and whistles that can be found onborad the bigger RCI ships. The Vision class is more about close connection to the sea.

/Erik