View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
When I have cruised Vision it has also been very quiet in the solarium but that can have something to do with the fact that I have only cruised her up here north with very few kids onboard.

I guess a buffet at the lido pool would be very risky up here as it can be everything between 58F and 90F (even up to 95F but that is extremely rare) here during the summer. Well, maybe if the hot dogs are really hot...

Vision has only two restaurants (the main restaurant and Windjammer) and one coffee shop. Add the "buffet" at the solarium pool and that's it.
On the other hand I have found the food to be better onboard Vision than any other RCI ship I have been cruising.

I have to say I really liked Vision. It's nice onboard, but as have been said before not with all the bells and whistles that can be found onborad the bigger RCI ships. The Vision class is more about close connection to the sea.

/Erik
Erik, I cruised Sovereign of the Seas twice. She was a lovely ship-my only complaint was the size of the staterooms-but even that is fine-if only 2 people share a stateroom. I do not need a lot of restaurants either.

So the Baltic can be cool in the summers? Not a problem with me. Summers are hard on me. I really hope I can go on a Baltic at some point. Plus I would like to see Holland/Netherlands especially as I have Dutch ancestry.

We have not been to Hawaii yet-and that is on our "bucket list" also-but I hope the Baltic is our next "big" cruise after this summer to the Med. I do not care if we go to Hawaii as much as the Baltic. We have been to the Caribbean many times-and so I have been to tropical islands, if not specifically the Hawaiian Islands.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014