View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Erik, I cruised Sovereign of the Seas twice. She was a lovely ship-my only complaint was the size of the staterooms-but even that is fine-if only 2 people share a stateroom. I do not need a lot of restaurants either.

So the Baltic can be cool in the summers? Not a problem with me. Summers are hard on me. I really hope I can go on a Baltic at some point. Plus I would like to see Holland/Netherlands especially as I have Dutch ancestry.

We have not been to Hawaii yet-and that is on our "bucket list" also-but I hope the Baltic is our next "big" cruise after this summer to the Med. I do not care if we go to Hawaii as much as the Baltic. We have been to the Caribbean many times-and so I have been to tropical islands, if not specifically the Hawaiian Islands.
I'm not too fond of high temperatures too, so I think is nice over here even if it can be cold and rainy in periods during the summer.
Make sure to cruise in end of June or beginning of July if you want to feel the long days (sunrise in Stockholm is 3:30 AM and sunset 10:05 PM and it's never completely dark in the end of June) but maybe end of July is better weatherwise - but that is always a gamble!

If you want to cruise RCI in the Baltic they also have Brilliance and Jewel here during the summer (from Holland, Denmark and England). I think that Vision still has the nicest port of calls (some smaller cities) but that depends of where one have been before (for more "capitals" I think Jewel may be better).

I felt the balcony stateroom on Vision was rather big. No problem with 2 people sleeping there. It was also nice with the sitting area closest to the windows. The furniture may be a bit outdated but they are OK.

Balcony cabin:

Junior Suite (before they had made up the room... ):

I have never been to Hawaii or the Caribbean but have booked a Caribbean cruise from New Orleans on Navigator in March next year. I'm looking forward to that cruise!

/Erik