View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
Alaska is on my list too. I'm planning it but I think it will take some years before I go.
Have been to vancouver a couple of years ago for short visits onboard Radiance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas while they were in Vancouver. It was a business trip and I spent most of the time in the engine rooms - but it made me book my first cruise (Voyager of the Seas in the Med).

I think the Norwegian coast is a bit similar to Alaska with the fjords and mountains. Here are two photos from the Geiranger fjord, called one of the most beautiful places in the world (by the Norwegians...):

I looked at the itinerary for your Med cruise and it looks great! I was going to book a similar cruise with Solstice in September, but when I decided to cruise the Caribbean out from New Orleans in March 2013 I switched my Med cruise to a 7 day cruise on Liberty instead as I will need between 3 and 4 weeks off in February/March 2013 (pre-cruise in Florida and New Orleans and maybe New York). I don't have unlimited holiday...

/Erik
Erik, do you have family in New Orleans or specifically want to see New Orleans? If not I would cruise out of Florida.( or else from San Jaun) New Orleans cruises usually have more sea days, and is on older ships. It is one of those ports that is really for people in the states who do not want to fly, that New Orleans would be a more convenient drive than Florida. For us, we can as easily drive to New Orleans as Florida, and we always drive to Florida as we prefer the ports.

We have discussed taking a cruise from New Orleans, but is more to spend time there precruise and I am more of a mind, to just take a trip to New Orleans and let a cruise be another vacation.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014