View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Erik, do you have family in New Orleans or specifically want to see New Orleans? If not I would cruise out of Florida.( or else from San Jaun) New Orleans cruises usually have more sea days, and is on older ships. It is one of those ports that is really for people in the states who do not want to fly, that New Orleans would be a more convenient drive than Florida. For us, we can as easily drive to New Orleans as Florida, and we always drive to Florida as we prefer the ports.

We have discussed taking a cruise from New Orleans, but is more to spend time there precruise and I am more of a mind, to just take a trip to New Orleans and let a cruise be another vacation.
My New Orleans cruise is a group cruise so I could not really choose (don't think I can convince the other 30 or so to choose Florida instead). It's on Navigator and I love the Voyager class so I'm fairly happy with that but it's 3 sea days while I had preferred 2.

As it's a long way for me from Europe to the US I'm planning to combine the cruise with a rather long pre-cruise stay (at least 2 weeks) so I'm sure I will be able to see both Florida and New Orleans.

/Erik