View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I am not an expert in PVSA, but I have to disagree with some of what I have read here.

First, while the law does "say" distant foreign port it is obvious they have accepted Ensenada, Nassau and Vancouver as being "far enough" -otherwise every cruise from the mainland to Hawaii would have to stop in Kiribati, and every Caribbean cruise would have to go to Europe.

Secondly, when you you do two cruises in a row you are doing two different cruises, not one cruise. If you get off and go through customs and then reboard everything should be fine.
Paul, I used to think the same thing and learned that is not correct. Your first paragraph is true ONLY for 'closed loop cruises', but NOT for cruises beginning and ending in two different ports. The second is incorrect if the original embark and final debark are in two different US ports. It doesn't matter if there are 2 or 3 cruises in between or even if you change ships..it's a violation.

I think even Trackpup will agree to these two points.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014