View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
I guessed Navigator. I am not so crazy about voyager class but I sitll think for a cruise from New Orleans, I would pic that ship over the offerings of NCL and Carnival which are both older ships and in not great shape. RCI keeps their older ships in good shape.

You should do a little cruise on the Natchez if you spend any time in New Orleans. It does luncheon and dinner cruises, and it is a paddle boat. The French Quarter is worth visiting also, though I recommend doing that in daylight as there are some unsavory people hanging in that area.
Yes, I have to do a Mississippi (did I spell that correct? ) cruise on Natchez. It looks like a great cruise! I think thay have jazz cruises too - not the music I am listening to too often but I used to play in a jazz band when I was in school and jazz has to be a part of a visit to New Orleans.

I was actually thinking of a hotel in the French Quarter but maybe that is not the best location?

I'm looking forward to both Florida and New Orleans, but I have to wait another year. Plenty of time for planning!

/Erik