View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Snoozeman you are spot on....I know there is crime all over the world..however there are places less violent...Much less violent then Mexico.

The crimes being commited in so - called tourist areas are so violent that I will refrain from describing what types of crimes are being played out. Why are you the public not hearing about it so much...Because the government knows that the tourist industry has taken a huge hit, and it is wreaking havoc on their already troubled country.

Tourist areas that are or seeing huge spikes in crime Acapulco, Cozumel, Mazatlan, Cancun not mentioning the inner cities of Mexico such as Mexico city, Juarez.

Remeber like Snoozeman said 1/3 of all violent deaths such as decapitation are in Mexico. I also think that peole who pay good money to go on a cruise and visit Mexico are really not taking their safety in consideration.

There are much more civilized places to visit, and one of the most civilized places on earth is a port that is visited by cruise ships....BERMUDA...the civilized Island.
I'll agree with most, but not lumping in Cozumel. I keep up with the news there as I have interests and friends living on the island. It's probably the safest place in Mexico. There are two military bases on the small island and gangs don't go there as they are afraid they can become trapped. The President of Mexico has a home there and has been know to ride his bike down the streets. He feels safe. There were 3 killed at a hotel fairly near by my barber that possibly could have been gang related, but it was actually unclear. This was four years ago and not many were even aware of it. The last two deaths recorded there where brought to the island by the cruise ships. One a love triangle gone bad and a crew member on crew member crime.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.