View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB View Post
In some ways I agree with you on this. In some first time cruising folks heads the experience of a cruise and their expectation is related to the “old” days of cruising and how it used to be, so expectation is set high and in a lot of cases that can lead to disappointment, as its not today’s reality,,,and that results in a verdict of not “what we expected”

For me. that’s down to marketing; cruise lines are brilliant at portraying a personal experience, nearly like being on a desert island, and not the actual reality of limited personal space, Q’s for everything, finding a lounger or table, crowds etc etc.

So my basic on this is, if someone advertises or presents a vacation to me and I buy into it. And then the reality does not meet that expectation, then I reserve the right to gripe. I would do it with a hotel, a tradesman, a store or anyone advertising to get my money. Cruise ships or lines are no exception to that rule. You said it and I bought into it, and you did or did not deliver, and if you did not deliver then I want my say via a gripe.
Seems to me you have yet to cruise with Crystal, Seabourn and SilverSeas. You might think differently on what to expect if you sail with either of these lines...Sure you will pay the price but you will get a great cruise that the mainstream lines just can't come close to.