View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default Newbie Cruiser 9 Day Mexican Riviera

We are going as a couple to celebrate 7 years together. This is our first cruise, and first time in another country. We set sail March 30, 2012 from San Diego. We'll drive to the port the day before and plan to spend the night at the Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside. The “Snooze & Cruise” package offers overnight accommodations, up to 10 days of complimentary parking and complimentary transportation to and from the airport and the Cruise Ship Terminal.

This trip will visit the following ports(in order): Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas(2days), & Ensenada.

Since that robbing of the 22 people who were on a mountain hike excursion outside of the heavy tourist area by one mexican with a gun, the SO refuses to do any excursions. All he wants to do is visit the little shops and wander the tourist area.

We'll possibly participate in excursions in the tourist area only, and with the ship. (I'm afraid of being left behind!)

He plans to bring "Mr.Mace in their face, just incase." We plan to get travel insurance but havn't purchased any yet. We're also planning to get expediated pass ports incase we need to be flown to the USA for emergencies. (I'm paranoid that something will go wrong.)

Please advise on other things we can do to enjoy ourselves but not get robbed. Don't suggest that we not go, due to our heavy work/school schedule, we haven't had a decent vacation in the last 3 years.

How much money should I bring for souvenirs? (ofcourse I won't carry lots of case or jewlery on me into port)

I've heard that sometimes the ships anchor away from the coast and you have to ride a little boat to shore, what is this called and how do I ensure I'll be one of the first groups to leave?

Any advice for a newbie is much appreciated!

Last edited by appleseeds; February 29th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links