View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Where do I get pesos from and how do i get the best rate? I was planning on using US dollars but carrying a limited amount of pesos on me sounds better.
Pesos are not necessary in the tourisic areas. Most vendors gladly accept USD. If you really want pesos the best bet is to go to an ATM, be sure your bank will allow the charge. We use a credit card that does currency conversion at no charge.
Quote:
The SO is afraid of getting ill from local food, we plan to call room service the day before and order sandwiches to pack.
I have had some really delicious food in Mexico. Remember you will be in cities with huge tourism industries, not some remote village getting its water from some dirty well. Order sodas or booze if you want.
Quote:
How and were do you go to get a voucher to leave the ship to Cabo? I don't want to be last....
I'm not sure if this will be necessary. They will begin disembarking excursions before other passengers. After that I think it was somewhat of a free for all (not crazy those)

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014