View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:20 AM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB View Post
Its all opinion and no right or wrong answer on this or anything else that determines a persons personal experience

"What ever happened to the old saying "You get what you pay for"...what happens to people...do they lose all thinking ability ? Where talking about adults here not children"

So it does not matter if you bought the cheapest car or the most expensive Mercedes, the buyer has an expectation from it. Are you honestly saying that people who sail on the most expensive lines dont complain,,mm I would say that out of a hundred cruisers that do complain that they are the more likely to, same with Merc owners, they payed for an expectation that may not meet their reality, do they not complain to dealerships regarding the product delivered if it goes wrong? I'll bet they do. You cant compare apples and oranges and because one is cheaper to buy does automatically remove the right to gripe if it does not meet your expectation
I agree somewhat...you make some valid points.

However the problem lies with the people who expect to much for what they pay. If you buy a low end cruise line product and expect steak and lobster everyday, or top quality cuisine then you are expecting too much. Who's to blame for that. I don't blame the cruise line, they are trying to sell a product. You don't expect a cruise line to say to a perspective booking "excuse me sir..before you book this cruise please note that the food is not 5 star quality..it's more like a banquet quality"...

I would also expect an adult to read reviews on the cruise line and the ship they want to sail on, I know that prior to me booking a cruise I research the ship and cruise line...reading "berlitz guide to cruising"..."the unofficial guide to crusing" and all th major web site forums...so I kinda of know what to expect from the cruise line and the ship before I book it..However if it does'nt even come close to what I read on the line and ship then yes, Its a valid gripe...But If it is exactly what all the books and web sites says it is and I did'nt do my research and expected more...well then the blame is on the person buying the cruise.