View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Welcome Newcomer

What a heartbreaking occurrence your wife's loss was. My sympathies to your whole family. Your experience with Princess was totally different that what my family had. We were in Puerto Vallarta when my mother had a very serious accident that required emergency surgery. Due to the fact that we were on a Princess cruise we honestly believe we received far superior care than we would have received if on a land vacation. The hospital was in constant contact with the ship's doctor. We were met at the ship with a wheelchair, and upon arriving at my mother's cabin the ships dietician (?) met with us to discuss my mother's new food needs. We were told they degree of services that had available to us, and if we needed more we would need to consider disembarking at Mazatlan and flying home. We completed the cruise and felt that Princess had gone far beyond what we would have expected. Perhaps the difference was/is that we were already onboard. We only sail with Princess, and since the occurrence we wouldn't consider any other line.